French Butter Keeper (ready to ship)
French Butter Keepers will keep your butter from going rancid so you can leave it out on the counter for preferred temperature and softness. No more waking up to start the day by hacking away at a cold stick of butter with toast.
The water in the base will create a seal around where the butter is housed- keeping oxygen out so it stays fresh. When company comes over, just flip the lid over and place it on the table.
- Holds about one stick of butter.
- Place the lid on the table to serve with a meal when company comes over.
- Measures about 4” x 2.5” with the lid on.
- Finished with a non-toxic and food safe glaze.
- Dishwasher safe, though hand washing is recommended.
Each piece is handmade with heart. Because of this, there may be slight variations in size and glazing. It is part of the beauty of handmade pottery.
I am dedicated to practicing environmental stewardship. All packaging is proudly PLASTIC-FREE and fully recyclable.
Ready-to-ship orders will typically ship within 3-5 days. Preorders will be made and ship within about 5-9 weeks. More information on shipping and ordering can be found here.
- Return policy and FAQ can be found here.
- In resistance of late stage capitalism...I do not advocate for impulsive shopping that adds to one of the many facets of detrimental consumerism/environmental despair in our world. My deepest wish is for these vessels to be loved and used often, rather than sit untouched. Likewise, please remember that these vessels will not fulfill joy deeper than any non-transactional activity.
Through the seasons with this piece
The French Butter Keeper is a useful everyday piece to — you guessed it — keep your butter fresh and easy to spread.
Autumnal sourdough pesto grilled cheeses.
Hibernal smear on cornbread with chilli.
Vernal pink beauty radishes with sea salt and butter.
Estival sweet corn on the cob with a good slather.
"AWD French Butter Keeper: cute and super practical! Best purchase of quarantine"
"...But knowing they were each individually made by one person on a mission to make and provide quality goods in a sustainable, thoughtful manner is really what makes them special."